Apprentice House—the nation’s first and only student-run, campus-based book publisher—is seeking manuscripts for review. We review a wide variety of thoughtfully written, well-developed manuscripts, and we welcome works from all authors who adhere to our submission guidelines and who support our goal of providing experiential learning opportunities.
Although we do accept a range of genres, we are actively seeking manuscripts that exemplify one or more of the following storyline qualities:
- travel stories specifically oriented around unique settings and offer rich narration and captivating detail of life-learned experiences;
- memoirs, autobiographies, and biographies of personal discovery about those who have experienced and overcome a significant hardship including, but not limited to, illness, tragedy, poverty, addiction, etc.;
- supernatural events or folklore;
- locally- or regionally-related narratives; and/or
- stories that provide insight into one’s personal understanding and/or connection with current social, environmental, or political issues.
Note: We do not generally accept illustrated children’s work or works that have been previously self-published.
Download our submissions document for further details about our publication process.
Submit Your Manuscript
Click below to download our Submission Q&A Document. Complete the questionnaire and email all documents to email@example.com; we review manuscripts each fall. Please submit by October 1. Authors will be notified of the acquisitions department’s decisions by November 15.